Saturday, March 04, 2006

IT'S JUST THE GYPSY IN ME :
A long time ago when a mere lass was I, my mom and dad would tell a tale, because I was a little different FROM the rest, complexion just a little to the olive side but eyes almost of blue, not looking completely like my dad, and not entirely like my mom. My brothers that came before me did not resemble me exact. My sister, coming after me, was not entirely like me in coloring. She had my mommy's eyes of green and brown and my daddy's lips and stature. She looked like dad profoundly. My brothers looked like daddy too. That left me , with my eyes almost of blue and skin of olive. To this my parents did retort, and I found it all so amusingly grand, that they got me from gypsies and -- to this day, when something I do is odd, I proudly proclaim with glee, "it's just the gypsy in me".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice works!

Anonymous said...

great blog, beautiful writing, and beautiful art